Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Kitchen Project Phase 1

The first steps to a better kitchen have been completed!! I was hoping to be further along by now, but my back paid the price of standing on tall ladders for 3 days and had to go on hiatus. So, if you need a refresher, here is where we started {here}

Keeping in mind that this house was a daycare for the past 20 years, my first task was filling HUNDREDS of tiny thumbtack holes all over the walls from years of holiday decorations and children's works of art.




Luckily, my mother in law has been an excellent help and we were able to get the trim primed...







The ceiling painted...



I filled some cracks on the pantry door...



We were also able to prime the walls before we..well..hit the wall




My back picked a good time to go out because we weren't crazy about our paint choices.





I want to paint the cabinets, but my mother in law disagrees. What do you think? Paint suggestions?

2 comments: